Here are things you can do now to help save our ocean ecosystems:
1. Drink water from a reusable hydro-flask instead of plastic single use bottles
2. Do not use plastic straws
3. Bring reusable shopping bags to the grocery store
4. Make coffee at home in a paper filter drip system. If buying coffee out bring your own reusable mug
5. Use reef safe sunscreen
6. Buy local organic food whenever possible
7. Shop locally and support businesses that are eco-friendly
8. Be mindful of what you purchase; what type of packaging is it in? is it recyclable? Can you purchase the same item with no packaging or recyclable packaging?
9. Educate yourself on your local recycling facility. What do they do with what you recycle? Where does it go?
10. Support non-profits that are fighting to save our reefs around the globe. Donate to their cause or become a good steward of the land and sea yourself.
11. Become a Member of the Coral Reef Education Institute.
“Leave it better than you found it”